1. MAKE LEMONADE OUT OF LEMONS
2. USE DIGITAL TOOLS
- Develop a wide-reaching email list to promote sales events and other information. Some dealers have replaced “Open Houses” with “Virtual Tours” of their store posted online.
- Use this list to send out a short “tip of the day” via email and on social media platforms.
- Send out an Intimidator Blog link every week, providing a short message from the dealership about why this particular blog is beneficial to them.
- Send them this link from our website as it addresses many ways to use your UTV during these “social-distancing” days.
- Provide virtual promotions with live video via Facebook Live or Instagram where you highlight a specific Intimidator UTV model - its advantages and features.
- Consider recording short, informative VIDEOS that you send out via email or post online. This will help break up the monotony of written/email communication. These videos can be fun, funny, as well as informative. Use your creativity. It may be that one or some of your Intimidator staff members have a knack for this “on camera” idea.
- Share YouTube video links that provide maintenance and other UTV tips.
- Encourage interaction on your Intimidator Facebook Page, inviting customers to share their success stories, ideas, tips…
- Create a specific Facebook Group (if you haven’t already) where you provide “next-level” insider ideas and information.
- Consider boosting some of your Facebook posts.
- Encourage and celebrate “acts of kindness” as people mow their neighbor’s lawn or help them in other tangible ways.
The key to using a variety of digital tools is to engage the customer. Communicate often. Get in their digital space, and be a part of their lives - even if it is at a distance.
3. BLESSED ASSURANCE
This assurance comes two-fold - assurance for your customers, and assurance for your staff. Intimidator UTV not only values the clients, but our staff of professionals we work with every day are part of the family. Use this time to encourage them, pat them on the back, consider highlighting one each week as “employee of the week or month,” and give them prime parking privileges (for example). Be the leader that you can be - providing them with confidence and job security. There is light at the end of this tunnel - and you will be amazed at how the level of loyalty can be increased just because you showed genuine praise and interest in them. Every person carries an invisible sign that says, “I need to feel important today.” Let them know it.
Another idea is to collect canned goods and other items that you would then take to a local food bank or charity. Some Intimidator Dealerships may even consider a discount in services in exchange for a quota of food bank donations they bring to you. In any case, think outside the box - and think outside of your circle. Send homemade cookies or other items to your customer base. Acts of kindness like these will help develop and strengthen bonds in your community and will build customer loyalty in the future.
Intimidator UTV has been, and will always be, focused on the many advanced features and capabilities of our UTVs. One additional item that we do not, and can not take for granted, is the benefit we enjoy through having satisfied and loyal customers. It is advantageous for us to use these “lemon days” and make the most of them through creative communication, community service, and acts of kindness. This will not only benefit your business and its long-term success, but it will also help to strengthen the relationship with your amazing customers and with your community.
We are family. Let’s support each other, let’s support our customers, and take advantage of what we can do for one another!